- Cost of a typical adult weekend conference: Adults $240, Youth & college age (13-22) $125, children (up to 12) $70 There is an additional $20 fee charged per person when registering within the last two weeks before the event.
- Adult registrations are accepted by on-line registration form, email, fax, or mail. All registrations require a deposit to hold your place in the conference.
- Prices do vary so check the specific event or contact Powell House for details. Scholarships are available for most adult conferences.
- First-timers may request the $25.00 Adult First-Timer Discount.
- Childcare is available with three weeks notice.
- Requests for private rooms can be honored with an additional $25 fee, pending availability. Please be in touch early if this is important to you.
- Typical weekend conference begins with dinner at 7:00pm on Friday and runs through lunch on Sunday.
- Youth Conferences typically start with registration between 6:15 and 7 pm on Friday, with supper at 7:15. Pick up is usually 1:15 Sunday pm
- We provide bed linens and towels.
- If you have to cancel let us know a week ahead of time and we will forward your payment. In the last week before an event, there is a $30 cancellation fee except for illness.
- Medical Release and health form. Parents must complete and sign a medical release form for each school year. You may print this one out and mail it to us.
- Cost of a typical Youth Program weekend conference: $125.
- Youth registrations are accepted online or by snail-mail .
- Financial aid is available for all Powell House Youth Program conferences. You tell us how much you are able to pay. We can run the program with little money, but it is tough without any kids! Money can't buy you love...but it does buy food, heat, etc.
- First-timers at a youth conference get the $30.00 Youth First-Timer Discount unless you tell us not to.
Use you best judgement on your local conditions.
In the event of inclement weather in our area, Powell House will decide if the weekend conference will proceed. Powell House will make the decision by 12 0'clock noon on the Friday that the conference is scheduled to begin. Registrants are advised to telephone Powell House anytime after 12:30; information concerning cancellation will be available on our answering service. If, after 12:30pm, the answering service contains no information concerning the cancellation or re-scheduling, then the conference will proceed as originally planned.
If inclement weather necessitates the cancellation or re-scheduling of a conference, Powell House will make efforts to contact registrants. If a conference needs to be re-scheduled because of inclement weather, all deposits and payments will be transferred to the rescheduled conference. If a conference is cancelled and cannot be re-scheduled within 6 months, deposits and payments will be fully refunded.
Powell House has two main buildings, Pitt Hall and the Anna Curtis Center . There are also 57 acres of grounds with hiking trails, two ponds, a campground & pavilion, and several fire circles.
Pitt Hall is equipped with a full kitchen, three fireplaces, a dining room, a library, several meeting rooms, and numerous bedrooms a few of which have private baths. It has about 38 beds, with some adjusting possible.
The Anna Curtis Center (ACC) is a comfortable, kid-friendly building designed for youth programs. The entire first floor is now wheel-chair accessible, including the roll-in shower in an individual bathroom. There are 46 beds total, with a mix of singles and bunkbeds in each room. Two individual baths are available in the ACC and three group restrooms. The facility includes a full kitchen, dining room, game room with ping-pong table, library, and large meeting room with fireplace.