Role of the intern:
We desire a dynamic individual able to work on their own initiative who will engage in tasks within all areas of our organization and facility. More specifically, the intern will engage in
- data entry and processing,
- facility maintenance projects,
- food preparation and kitchen work,
- program planning and leadership, as well as any other assignments designated by directors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet weekly with the Executive Director and other staff to plan and organize weekly tasks
- Assist in preparing programming for events and retreats on the calendar
- Engage in updating media outlets with new information, including website and Facebook pages
- Utilizing database program to record, update, maintain user and event files
- Create fliers and electronic publicity for event and retreats
- During retreats and events, provide labor for kitchen or hosting chores
- Assist in indoor and outdoor maintenance tasks, i.e. landscaping, painting, cleaning, repairs
- Fulfill any other tasks involved in the operation of the organization as designated by directors
- Junior or Senior college students with an interest or a major in Hotel and Conference Services, Parks and Recreation, Business Administration
- Must be motivated, organized and possess good communication skills.
This internship position ideally begins in the spring but is flexible.
We require an 8 week minimum commitment.
Up to two interns will be selected for the 2018 spring/summer season.
Interested applicants should send resumes and beginning availability date
by April 30, 2018, to
Regina Baird Haag, Executive Director, at